Re: Missing posts again ??

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 22:02 -0500, William Case wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 21:50 -0500, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >

> > **  Just now, as I was typing this at 9:41 pm EST, I received 61
> > fedora-list posts.  Six or seven of the posts are current.  The rest are
> > marked yesterday or two days ago and include all the posts I was looking
> > for.
> >
> > It doesn't make sense.
>
> It really doesn't make sense, this last post turned around and was sent
> back to me in 15 minutes.  As well, when I checked closer, I am still
> missing a couple (a few) posts from Sunday and maybe Saturday.

Bill, it may seem counterintuitive but it's perfectly legitimate for
mail to arrive out of order. There are no guarantees, even for the
ordering of messages sent between the same two addresses.

That said, it's certainly not *usual*, so something seems to be going
on, but knowing exactly what means tracing the mail's path via its
headers. Take a look at the detailed header info of some delayed
messages (especially the timestamps) and you'll probably be able to
identify where the blockage is occurring.

poc