Re: RFE? Or am I wasting my time?

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 09:45 -0800, Alan Evans wrote:
> Am I the only person in the world that cares? I mean, would it just be
> a waste of time for my to file a RFE that's inevitably going to be
> ignored or closed NOTABUG?

I agree with your assessment.  Unless it is actually going to compress
the file you're right clicking on, i.e. it's going to be replaced with a
compressed version, then the naming is wrong.

Making an archive of a copy of the file isn't compressing it.  And
there's any number of files that cannot be shrunk, and will actually
create a larger file when you try to compress them.

The name of the action should be unambiguous in what it does, and not
dependent on having something else explain it.  Having to read a man
file for a GUI action, under these circumstances, is inappropriate.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.