Re: Clean your CD/DVD disks -- Just a PSA reminder !!!

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:18:07 -0500
William Case wrote:

> Just on the
> off-chance I cleaned the LiveCD disk -- and bingo everything worked.

Merely a special case of my general rule:

  "Check the dumb stuff first!" :-).

I forgot that rule last weekend when I was trying to get my Wii
to talk wi-fi again. After hours of typing in WEP keys and
checking settings over and over again I finally power cycled
the Wii, and like magic it worked perfectly. If I had
remembered to check the dumb stuff first, power cycling would
have been the first thing I tried :-).