[OT] LCD Display and earthquakes .....

This is OT...but wonder if anyone has experienced or see this before.

My older Samsung SyncMaster 172t is hooked to a system I use mainly for
running SlingPlayer.  Part of the upper left quadrant had what could be
called a smear patter or smudge pattern.  It isn't from any type of burn
in.  But looked like what you see if you run fingers around on the
screen...only "permanent".  It had been like this for a long time.

Anyway, I didn't have the monitor turned on last night when Taiwan was
hit by a 6.8 earthquake.  It registered a 4.3 in Taipei and other than
drawers opening and the TV rolling away we had no damage.  But, when I
turned the monitor on this AM the smear pattern was gone.

So, a shake-table is a good repair tool?  :-)