"Sleep Problem"

	"Your computer failed to suspend. Check the help file for common
problems."
	"Visit quirk website."

	I have no faintest intimation *what* help file might be worth a
tinker's dam, of whatever clay.

	But the button, which tries to launch a browser, points at http://
people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/ -- which has failed a couple
dozen times with at least half a dozen browsers.

	What's more, so have all attempts to truncate that URL and
navigate from there.

	Nor do I know more than the spelling of "suspend," "sleep,"
"hibernate," nor any synonym in a computer sense. The contexts in which I
have encountered them have referred to laptops, which I hardly ever use.
May a pox be and abide on all their houses, abetted by the fleas of a
thousand camels!

	What the blinking blue blazes is going on here? Nothing short of
the reset button ever does much good, and that may have any of several
results.

	The machine, however, contains stuff I would be glad to save; it
has failed endlessly to upgrade from F11 to F12, by any means short of a
fresh install. I'll start copying things to media tomorrow.