dhclient fedora11 x86_64

I just received this inquiry from my brother:

Are you aware of any issues which might cause one of our
machines (intel core2 duo, if it matters) to lose it IP
address every few hours?

The problem is that dhclient seems to hang such that,
to recover the machine, I need to kill off dhclient and
run a new one.

For the moment, I wrote a small cron script to kill dhclient
and run a new copy....this seems like a crude approach...and
should have been unnecessary to boot.