Re: Detecting how Apps are called.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 03:30:50PM -0500, Jim wrote:
> Is there a command you can run like tail -f or what ever, to see
> where a Application is called from.
>
> Running a application that  I can tell where it is  started or run from.
> Like when I plug in a SD card what and where is it started from.
>
> I know this Question sounds confusing , but I'm not really sure how
> to ask it.

In a lot of cases this comes from DBus calls, I believe.  You can see
the myriad things happening on the session bus like this:

$ dbus-monitor --session

However, if you don't understand DBus this may not be incredibly
useful.  The applications called when you insert or attach common
types of media are found in your main menu under System > Preferences