Re: Help: No internet connection

On 11/12/2009 23:27, Simon Schneebeli wrote:
Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Simon Schneebeli writes:
Through the network connection, I manage to establish a connection
with my wireless ADSL model. It also works through a wired
connection. Ping works. But neither Firefox nor any other programme
manage to establish a connection.

Define "ping works".
If I type at the command line "ping google.com" it gets an answer...

OK. If you're getting a positive response from that command then your basic network connection, DNS and routing must all be working. There isn't much more to go wrong.

What do you get if you type:

wget www.google.com

into a shell?