Re: Real Audio on F12 (SOLVED)

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 14:11 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I tried it and it seems to be pretty much what I want:
>
> mplayer -dumpfile MyStream.out -dumpstream -playlist <URL>
>
> and a subsequent call to mplayer will then play the stream.

One trick you can do that is to let you work on a stream that normally
won't let you do anything other than play it live.  i.e. Start dumping
it, then after half a minute, start playing the dumped stream with
another mplayer instance.  It's more flexible than increasing the cache
of one mplayer instance (to play it live), as you can do things like
pause and restart the player (pausing a live stream may cause a timeout
and an abort, which is damn annoying with long programmes).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.