Re: Love Totem

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 04:24 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
On Tuesday 15 December 2009 06:08:08 Suvayu Ali wrote:
I like to have some video playing in one of the corners of my screen
while I work, and the "always on top" feature in Totem is ideal for
that. I had so far noticed Totem would automatically move to the
background whenever it was done playing some video with the "always on
top" feature enabled. None of the other players I am familiar with does
that.

Are you talking about the behavior equivalent to the -ontop option in mplayer?
I agree, that can be very handy sometimes, especially if you have a widescreen
monitor and can spare a corner. ;-)

Yes, with a widescreen monitor its a very neat feature to use.

For mplayer the particular behaviour I was talking about is kind of moot as the window with the video closes when the video ends. So there is no unnecessary windows hanging around. But usually for the other players, they still hang around staying "on top". Totem is smart enough to know the video has stopped playing, hence no point in staying on top of all the other windows. :) So intuitive!

Best, :-)
Marko

--
Suvayu