Re: Fedora 12 -- A great new version !

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 16:44 -0500, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Just thought I would say I really really like Fedora 12.  It feels like
> a Christmas gift.
>
> I upgraded from F11 this morning with no difficulties -- worked like a
> charm.  Everything looks and feels a little cleaner and a little
> tighter.
>
> The upgrading process (which I couldn't get to work for me in F11) found
> the upgrades for all my applications except one small minor accessory.
>
> I had hoped the cx23885 driver for v4l2 had been fixed to handle analog
> cable TV, but I guess not.  However, that's an ongoing problem not
> related to the upgrade per se.
>
> I for one am very pleased.  If any of the maintainers are reading this
> list, congratulations!

+1.  Agreed.

I updated from F11 based on this.  Due to /boot space issues I upgraded
using the F12 DVD.  I didn't have video or a network connection at first
boot.  Somehow DHCP was disabled for eth0.  I fixed that, ran yum update
and pretty much everything is golden.

I can't believe how much more responsive F12 is than F11.  And it looks
more polished too.

Great work, people.