Fedora Installation Guide: a brief rant

Am I alone in finding the Fedora Installation Guide at
<http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f12/en-US/html/>
almost completely useless?

The only installation method described with any clarity
is the creation and use of a Fedora DVD.
But everything necessary in this case could be written
on the back of a stamp, or certainly on one web-page.

Too much information is almost as bad as no information.
This document contains hundreds of pages
of completely useless or irrelevant information
for anyone seeking to install Fedora.

What I would like to see is a document that starts by saying,
"There are 7 ways of installing Fedora on a computer.
These are ..., and they are described in the following 7 chapters."

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net