Re: Booting sparkly new F12 install, error 13 from grub.

On Friday 11 December 2009, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> OTOH, since its a new install, I could just as easily do a reinstall.
>> What sort of a voodoo spell to I have to use to get a /boot partition of
>> say 400 megabytes?  The default is only 100, and that will never fly here
>> for more than a week.
>
>Select the custom layout, choose fixed size for the /boot, make it a
> primary partition (may no longer be needed, but I do), and set the
> filesystem type to ext3. Then define the "/" root, and since you're a
> fellow conservative a separate /home, unless you want to share the one on
> sda.

That is a thought I suppose, but between 2 different distro's?  Sounds a
little dicey.

OTOH, that would be a nice idea as it would be the quickest, dirtiest way I
could think of to get amanda rebuilt for 64 bit since it is always buil;t and
installed from amanda's home dir.

Since no one has suggested a fix for the 64 bit F12 fedora being so slow, I
have another 64 bit torrent running right now, to see if that one is 50x
slower than this F10 32 bit install is now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The trouble with heart disease is that the first symptom is often hard to
deal with: death.
		-- Michael Phelps