Re: corrupt file system

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Christian Langer <clanger.christian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I can't recall the exact error message. It doesn't happen every time I boot. However, I did indeed get sent to the root shell. I googled the message last nite and found an entry said try fsck. I did, and got the reply, "Running fsck on a mounted disk can severely damage your filesystem, do you want to continue? I said no.

So run it with the filesystem unmounted. The usual way to do this is by
booting in single-user mode. If it's the root filesystem that's dodgy,
boot from a rescue disk to check it (you can do this anyway of course).

poc

PS And please don't top-post your replies. See the list Guidelines.