Re: Processes will not start up on reboot

On 12/10/2009 11:15 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Raymond Jette wrote:
Good morning,
I am setting up a new corporate MTA. The MTA runs Exim4, Spamassassin, ClamAV, etc...

When I reboot the system most everything comes up fine. I am having issues with the spamassassin and clamd.exim process though. They do not want to start on there own. They will start when I start them by hand:

/etc/init.d/clamd.exim start
/etc/init.d/spamassassin start

Scripts for each of these processes are in the /etc/init.d/ directory. Any ideas why they will not come up on a reboot?

man chkconfig

Thanks for the quick response. That solved my problem.
chkconfig --list showed that the services were set to stop in all run levels.

chkconfig --level 2345 clamd.exim on
chkconfig --level 2345 spamassassin on

This resolved the issue.

Thanks again,