Sound crackles at when logging in or starting to play in F12

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could solve this problem, whenever I log into
F12 or start music, I get a burst of static through my speakers. I've
done some research and found out about this, but is this likely to be
the cause?

The PulseAudio sound server has been rewritten to use timer-based audio
scheduling instead of the traditional interrupt-driven approach.
Timer-based scheduling may expose issues in some Alsa drivers. To turn
timer-based scheduling off, replace the line

load-module module-hal-detect

in /etc/pulse/default.pa by

load-module module-hal-detect tsched=0

thanks for any help,