Re: Should I upload coredump files to bugzilla?

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 20:48, Andre Costa <blueser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

just installed F12[*], and every now and then abrt pops up saying some app misbehaved and asks me to report the problem. I always do so (3 bugs so far in only 2 days using F12), but it sometimes generates *huge* coredump files on /var/cache/abrt/*/ (Firefox alone generated a 359M file, workrave just generated a 15M file). My question is: would Bugzilla even allow me to attach such files? Is there any point in keep allowing coredumps? I'm seriously considering uncommenting

#*               soft    core            0

on /etc/security/limits.conf to stop this "coredump-fest" -- it takes quite sometime to generate them, and AFAICS it seems to be pointless.

Is this (limits.conf) the best approach to turn off coredumps at all?

Regards,

Andre

... forgot to comment the "F12[*]": overall, the installation was pretty smooth (did a full reinstall keeping only /home around), only problem was NVidia driver which apparently conflicts with nouveau driver used for graphical boot. Had do blacklist nouveau module on grub in order to workaround this.

Regards,

Andre