Re: Using USB devices in VMs under KVM fc11 or fc12

Mail Lists wrote:
On 12/06/2009 11:11 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 10:44 -0500, Mail Lists wrote:

I plan to try Xen at some point but I doubt if it will be any better.

  I suspect Xen is dying/dead and not well supported now ... at least
kms is in upstream kernel, and VB has sun (or whoever!) keeping the
kernel modules updated.

I have no idea what gave you that idea, the kernel mailing list indicates that dom0 support is coming nicely, although probably won't make mainline in 2.6.33. But it still appears to be on the path to the mainline kernel, as bits get ready. The original issue was that xen was too pervasive IIRC, and it's certainly in RHEL which I run on several P4 machines.

As to xen or KVM on non-x86_xx hardware, I have no idea.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>