Re: F12 Wireless Network intermittently Dropped: AR9285 card / ath9k module

On Thursday 03 December 2009 20:11:11 Reuben Budiardja wrote:
> On Thursday 03 December 2009 19:59:57 jaivuk wrote:
> > I use F12 with latest F11 kernel - this is only way how can I use my
> >  freshly installed F12 and have my WIFI AP (hostapd) working.
> >
> > If you upgraded to F12 from F11 via yum, you may still have some F11
> > kernel installed, so during boot, just press ESC to get to grub menu and
> > select F11 kernel.
>
> Lonni & Jaivuk,
> Thank you for the pointers (and Lonni for list of Bug IDs on the other
> thread). It seems that I have few things to try:
> 1. Turn off power management,
> 2. Try either F11 or F11 kernel
> As this is a freshly installed laptop that I just start using, I am still
>  able to play with it. I am going to try either or both and see if any
>  works better for me. I'll report back later for posterity.

Settting "iwconfig wlan0 power off" made a big difference in my experience. I
still get disassociation every now and then, but it was an obvious improvement
from before and the wireless was actually usable, which was not the case
before.
Haven't had a chance to try F11 at the place where I am having this problem
with the wireless.

RDB