Re: Getting rid of /boot

On Saturday 05 December 2009 13:43:52 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> >> Actually, the complexity is that Fedora for some insane reason still
> >> defaults to using LVM for everything *other* than /boot.  This brings
> >> no benefit to most users.
> >
> > Well, it means I can have separate filesystems for things that I don't
> > want overwritten if I reinstall (/home, /usr/local, /opt, /var/www,
> > etc.)
>
> That's only 4, or 7 with / , /boot and swap.
> How do you get up to 15?

Multiboot with various Windows, Ubuntu's, other Fedora's? Each should have its
own /, at least.

That said, if one does not work in multi-platform software development, I
totally agree that cluttering the disk with all that stuff is very ugly, at
the very least. These days virtual machines are much cleaner and easier to
maintain than multiboot setups.

Best, :-)
Marko