Re: provider for google calendar

on 12/03/2009 08:15 PM Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
On 12/03/2009 07:30 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
2009/12/3 oleksandr korneta<atenrok@xxxxxxxxx>:
so I'm  on Fedora 12, 64bit. It was an unpleasant surprise to find out that
that some extensions for thunderbird from mozilla's website cannot be
installed because of 64bit architecture (wtf? is this opensource or what?).
Yes I'm talking about lightning calendar extension. Anyway, turns out some
good people did package it and put in repository. But it is useless for me
without the Provider  for google calendar. And this one is not packaged and
cannot be instaled from mozilla's website. So, does anybody have similar
problem/has a solution? Maybe someone can point me to some "how to recompile
Provider for google calendar" blog article?

I use both lightning and google calendars on Fedora 11 x86_64. Please
check before you curse. Right now I'm at work, I 'll post back with
the packages you need to install when I am home. Maybe someone will
post that information before I return from work.

GL

I got my last F11 copy (that I've needed) from:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/nightly/latest-comm-1.9.1/linux-xpi/gdata-provider.xpi
thanks Kevin. At least I was able to install this one without problems. However it still does not work. It stays grayed out in add-ons list and says "Requires additional items." in Thunderbird Add-ons window. Now I'm really curious what is this additional item I'm missing

and that was last August!

F11 is currently running thunderbird-3.0-2.8.b4.fc11.x86_64

You can get the lightning RPM from the RPMFusion repo.

  that is exactly where I got it from, now I'm looking for provider.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F12 x86_64 and F10 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./