Another preupgrade update mess up

Only this time I know what happened.

A word of warning. Pre-upgrade has a fun failure mode which occurs
because it doesn't lock out updates from occurring behind its back. An
update while preupgrade was sitting waiting a couple of hours for me to ok
the reboot pulled in some new packages for the old distro...

So if you are using preupgrade, make sure you shut down automatic updates
and the like first.

Alan (and I'll stick it in bugzilla tomorrow am)