Re: Suspend option gone in gnome-power applet

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 09:52 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2009/11/29 Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I'm using the nouveau driver in a fresh F12 installation on a Thinkpad
> > T61. When I click the battery icon on the taskbar, it doesn't show any
> > action choices, such as suspend or shutdown.
>
> This was removed in GNOME 2.28.0. For F12 you can enable
> /apps/gnome-power-manager/ui/show_actions_in_menu in gconf-editor to
> get them back, but be warned this key won't exist in F13.

OK It's not a big deal, I was just surprised by the change.  There was a
time not too long ago where the nv driver wouldn't suspend properly, so
the suspend operation was removed or grayed out (although the nvidia
driver worked).  With F12 (I am pleased to report), the nouveau driver
suspends and resumes perfectly on my T61, so I wanted to make sure it
wasn't still incorrectly blacklisted.

But is the power history still available?

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu