Re: Faxing suggestions

On Friday 27 November 2009 05:07:17 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> The plan is to the PBX's at each site to redirect all incoming faxes to a
> single PC on that site, which will then receive these incoming faxes and
>  then  forward them, probably using SMTP to a central web server for
>  archiving and user retrieval.

Asterisk 1.6 (in the Fedora repos) can receive and send faxes over audio and
T.38. I'm not sure what hardware you have which may affect this completely.

Once Asterisk receives a fax, it just dumps it as a TIFF into a directory from
where you can do whatever you want with it.

I'll give you the link to what I do, which is called Asterisk FAX Gateway
which is for sending and receiving faxes via e-mail.

http://messinet.com/trac/asterisk-fax-gw

If all you do is receive, it would be really easy to do a "System" call from
within Asterisk to simply mail the TIFF to the recipient.

-A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E