Re: Problem wih Installation

Thanks all, I burnt the 5 CDS, but when I boot from the CD-ROM nothing happens also. Windows loads just normally .
 I'm downloading the Live cd!

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Mike Chambers <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 01:55 -0800, Mahmoud Abou-Eita wrote:
> Hello there,
> I've downloaded Fedora(x86_64) via BitTorrent.
> I'm running windows 7 on my machine. I have a folder containing 5 iso
> cds,
> a checksum file, and netinst!
> what to burn to a DVD to be able to boot from!
> Basically, my computer is a core 2 DUO 32-bit.
> Is this the appropriate version that I installed?

1 - Well, if you want to just use one cd/dvd then you need to download
the dvd.iso.

2 - Now you need to turn those iso files to cd/dvd.  If you want to use
the cd's, then you have to burn *each one* (as an image) to a cd.  If
you want to use just one dvd, then burnt he dvd.iso (as an image) to the
dvd.

3 - Once you have those/that burned, just insert the dvd, or first cd
into the cdrom and reboot and away you go.

Side Note: You don't need the netinst file unless your going to do a
network type install, regarding http/ftp (these over internet) or nfs
(over local network).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY