Re: Fedora and USB ??

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 13:52 -0500, Jim wrote:
> On 11/29/2009 12:44 PM, Craig White wrote:

> > I just got the same phone and plugged it into my USB and it listed all
> > pertinent information in /var/log/messages - not that it was really
> > necessary...
> >
> > if what you want is to be able to transfer files from you Linux system
> > to the SD card on the Motorola Android, you need to 'allow' it on the
> > Android by tapping the USB symbol in the status bar once you have
> > connected it to your computer and choosing 'Mount'  If you don't choose
> > 'Mount' - it only will charge your phone but will not allow a computer
> > to access the storage
> >
> > Craig
> >

> Below is my /var/logmessages output is that right ?
----
I would assume that it is right
----

> I have on the status bar at top of Droid a icon of a usb connection and
> just to the left of that appears what looks like a connecton icon with a
> ? character next to it
> if i push on usb icon the ? won't go away.
----
hardly the place to be giving advice on how to use your telephone but
you have to 'pull down the status tray, and then tap your USB icon and
then choose Mount' - your problem isn't Linux...your problem is that you
don't know how to use your phone.
----

> What app. do you use on the Linux computer side to view the Droid /
----
I use Dolphin (KDE) but you can use whatever you want after you 'mount'
the drive which isn't possible until you instruct your telephone to
allow it to happen.

Craig

believed to be clean.