Re: Setting up a VM to run XP in an up-to-date F12 box?

>> Additionally can you experts tell me whether you can use usbkeys in the VM,
>
> In order to have full support for USB you need to use the closed-source
> VirtualBox from SUN

Or... you can use KVM and Fedora's built-in Virt Manager. It does
support USB and PCI device passthrough.

I'm not sure where this stuff about VirtualBox being more
"user-friendly" comes from. Maybe I'm not the average user, but there
are things I can do with libvirt in Fedora that make it very user
friendly, but I don't think the same level of control is available in
VirtualBox, so I would rate it as less user-friendly for me.

e.g. I have some RHEL and CentOS VMs, they're for development. I don't
run them all the time, they don't have a GUI. If I want them on, I can
do:

# virsh start RHEL1
# virsh console RHEL1
<do whatever I need>
# virsh shutdown RHEL1

My advice would be to try using Virt-Manager in Fedora (providing you
have recent hardware) and see how you get on. It really really isn't
that difficult. If it's not working for you, then investigate
VirtualBox or even VMWare Player.

--
Sam