Re: Is F12 ready to upgrade ? Is it worth it ?

On 11/26/2009 12:53 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Tim wrote:

I'm perplexed by the posts I am seeing regarding F12 upgrades.  Lots
of upgrade issues and darn faint praise as far as I can tell ?

On a support list you, typically, see more problems than "all is well"
postings.

It surprises me that there is not a greater attempt
to get feed-back on the frequency of problems,
or equally, the lack of problems.
I would have thought it would be relatively easy
to design an online form that Fedora users
could be asked to complete.

There are certainly issues with X11 graphics in F12. On 4 different
systems I have installed it on 3 do not work in 3D (System hangs, etc).
2 of the systems have hangs (X11 and/or system) in 2D.

The problems I have experienced and I believe a number of others
are experiencing are due to graphics driver problems (DRM,DRI,MESA,X11)
with certain graphics chip sets (At least 4 different ones in my case).

I know there are a lot of changes happening on the Graphics front, but
I do feel its time to focus on fixing these issues rather than spending
valuable developer and user time on a new release ...