Re: F12 on a P4

Rodney Morris wrote:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In the F12 Release notes it indicates that i586 support is gone in F12
and i686 is the the support available.

Are there any implications of that to running F12 on a Pentium 4
machine?

I would think not, because the Pentium 4 architecture is two
generations after the PentiumPro, which introduced the i686
architecture, i.e. PentiumPro->Pentium III->Pentium 4.

I think there's a missing Pentium-II in there, seems that right after I get my PPro machine the P-II came out, bigger cache but running at half speed, IIRC.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>