Re: No F-12 NFS mounts at boot -

Bob Goodwin wrote:
On 23/11/09 10:35, Bob Goodwin wrote:

   NFS has worked for me without many problems from F10 to F11 but on
   the new F12 install I have to mount nfs manually after boot.

   Has anyone else had a problem or have I overlooked something?

   Bob

This was my problem, not F-12! I checked immediately upon booting the computer and found that it was bringing up nfs /mnt/srvr2 but not /mnt/srvr1, the one that was causing me problems since some of my data is stored there.

The error was in /etc/fstab I had inadvertently hit a period instead of a comma when entering the options and that went unnoticed by my one barely functional 79 year old eye!

   192.168.1.48:/mnt/rfg/    /mnt/srvr1    nfs    defaults,rw.user    0 0
   192.168.1.48:/mnt/glg/    /mnt/srvr2    nfs    defaults,rw,user    0 0
   192.168.1.48:/media/SimpleDrive/data    /mnt/srvr3  nfs
   defaults,rw,user 0 0

After correcting that all is happiness.

Thanks for the suggestions, much of which I have saved in my notes.

And mine, at least a few. When you said it had worked on FC10&11 I thought this was an upgrade, so a typo didn't even come to mind. Good catch.

My eyes aren't as old as yours, but I do have one machine with a 32 inch screen (old HDTV with issues) which does a good job of making things large enough to see.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>