(F10, F11 do crash with Firefox+flash)

PS:
in 'about:plugins' of Firefox,
about Shockwave flash,
it shows:
'File name:
nswrapper_32_32.libflashplayer.so'.

Firefox: firefox-3.5.5-1.fc12.i686,
Flash :  flash-plugin-10.0.32.18-release.i386(from adobe yum package).

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Andreas M. Kirchwitz <amk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
       Hi folks!

Just freshly installed my old Fedora 10 system with Fedora 12 (32 bit),
and I was suprised to see that Firefox 3.5.5 (directly from mozilla.org)
crashes on any site with flash (Flash plugin 10.0.32.18 from adobe.com).
Both are the most recent versions. No other custom plugins installed
in Firefox.

Installing the Flash plugin 10.1 prerelease 1 (2009-11-17) no longer
crashes Firefox but doesn't do anything useful neither (empty box).

I'm using GNOME/fvwm2 (no compiz or other 3D stuff). Graphics card
is nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (NV34). For some reason, the X server seems
to use the old "nv" driver by default. With "system-config-display",
I can force it to "nouveau", but that makes no difference.

Besides that, all graphics (desktop) is extremly slow. For example,
scrolling a page up/down in Firefox, or the "bell" (reverse video)
in xterm. Sometimes I can see the pixels getting drawn. :-(

What happened here? CPU is an Intel P4 (2,8 GHz), and that machine
worked like a charme with Fedora 10. Now, it's basically unusable.

By searching this mailing list and Bugzilla, I couldn't find issues
about general slowness in X. Though, crashes of flash are quite usual
(not only on F12 ;-), but most are related to conflicting plugins or
leftovers from previous upgrades (eg, libflashsupport).

Could all that be related to some feature or a bug in the new
X.Org X Server 1.7.1? Are there any known compatibility tricks?
Any hints are welcome.

Maybe such things already happened with Fedora 11, and there's
a large database of workarounds. ;-) But because I skipped F11,
I don't know of any such things. So please accept my excuse if
my problems are well-known and fixes exist.

       Greetings, Andreas