Re: compiling mplayer on F12 with vdpau support

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:55:56 -0700 Paolo Galtieri wrote:
> If all I need is the nvidia display driver package why wasn't it installed when I instlled F12 on my system given that I have an nvidia card?
> A couple of other issues, first there are no nvidia related packages in the F12 repositories that I can find. Second I'm running the nouveau display driver.

Keeping aside the fact that with nouveau driver you don't get vdpau
support (as Lonni already wrote), to get mplayer binary with vdpau
support you only have to enable rpmfusion repository or manually
download mplayer from the web site, with its dependencies.
In fact, in F12 rpmfusion mplayer does have vdpau support compiled in,
as you can see running:

mplayer -vo help

HIH,
Gianluca