Re: NetworkManager calls new network card eth2, not eth1

>After replacing the second network card with a new one, NetworkManager
>refuses to listen to the startup scripts (shown below).  It always
>calls the new interface eth2, not eth1.

As always, NetworkManager is still undergoing heavy development.
I'm not sure if the "static-IP-address" bugs still exist, but those
are also show-stoppers.

That said, I do love NetworkManager.

You may want to try searching bugzilla, and see if someone else has
reported the problem / workarounds.
Link: bugzilla.redhat.com

If this hasn't been reported yet, please file a new bug.
That way, this will all go directly to the people who can fix it.