Re: liveusb-creator -

On 19/11/09 14:51, Bob Goodwin wrote:
   I have been messing with this for several hours now, actually since
   yesterday, and can't seem to install livecd on a thumb drive. In
   desperation I re-formatted it ext3. That didn't help. I can cp and
   delete normal files but liveusb-creator is never happy with it?

   [root@box9 ~]# mount
   shows:
   /dev/sdc1 on /mnt/Fedora type ext3 (rw)

   But when I click on "Create Live USB" it displays the following:

   Fedora-12-i686-Live.iso selected

   Verifying filesystem...

   Unknown filesystem for %s. Your device may need to be reformatted.

   LiveUSB creation failed!

   Unknown filesystem for %s. Your device may need to be reformatted.

   Reformatted? I believe it's supposed to work with ext3. It was FAT
   originally and that produced the same error!

   What am I doing wrong?

   This is not critical, I could use a CD, But I've put a lot of time
   into this and hate to give up.

   Bob.

       After trying to do this from command line and with the GUI, I
       plugged in a different thumb drive and things immediately worked
       as expected!

       I should have known, I had the other stick because it wouldn't
       work in my daughter's Mac. It always worked for me before but
       not this time.

       Bob