Preup to F12, won't boot

     Hello,

  I just preupgraded from F10 to F12, and booting goes as far as the
Fedora logo (circle with lower tip) filling up with white, then
flashing briefly. Then the screen goes and stays blank afterwards,
except for a cursor, and it displays if I type somthing. It also seems
to shut down orderly when I push the off button (with messages similar
to a regular shutdown of a running system, although significantly
fewer in number).

  If I edit away the "quiet" argument before booting, I see a few
lines instead. The last of those few lines are (hand-copied, may
contain typos):

fb0: nouveaufb frame buffer device
registered panic notifier
[drm] Initialized nouveau 0.0.15 20090420 for 000: 07:00.0 on minor 0
dracut: Starting plymouth demon
dracut: Starting plymouth demon
usb 2-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3

  The only USB devices I am aware of are mouse and keyboard. I have a
wired Internet connection.

  How do I proceed from here? Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)