Re: F12 upgrade needs more space for /mnt/sysimage/boot

On 11/17/2009 10:19 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:58:08 -0500
> Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>
>> On my desktop, I had a permanent ethernet connection, so I told it to
>> download the initial kernel during the reboot (after installing the rest
>> of the packages).  I noticed when it booted that it used NetworkManager
>> to configure the ethernet, so, it should work for a supported wireless
>> configuration as well.
>
> How do you do that?

When preupgrade determines that there is not enough space available in
/boot for the new (anaconda) kernel and initrd files, it gives you the
option of downloading them upon the reboot, but you should only say yes
if NetworkManager can bring up a network connection.  It usually can for
almost any wired ethernet connection.  It may become problematic for
some wireless chipsets.

I stared at the error for almost 3 minutes before I realized that it was
allowing me the option to do the download at boot time and continued on
to the package download.

YMMV, depending on when in the process you run out of space in /boot

The only other option I can think of, is to get a bigger /boot
partition, one that is large enough to store all the necessary files.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx