Re: Alpine paragraph justification failing

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Beartooth <Beartooth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 02:13:57 -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
       [....]
> If not, you might have a curses problem (curses is the library that
> handles "full screen" manipulations of text-based terminals).

       Hmmm .... Dunno if it's relevant, but I absolutely never, ever,
maximize a window, let alone use a full screen command. That frame of
desktop background is what keeps me aware of which machine I'm on,
without having to waste conscious attention on it.

Hi Beartooth,

FWIW, I really do think that Mr.(?) Redelmeier's suggestion is well worth considering(and trying).  His suggestion is very interesting and seems based on some in-depth understanding of linux and of curses as it is used by text based shell programs.  If you try his suggestion and this does give a result to confirms his idea of a curses problem you (or at least I have) learned something more ...

Certainly I should think that alpine does use curses for writing to the screen so his suggestion is not as wild as it might seem.  Probably he knows something more than at least I do and I think this is worth trying to confirm/refute....  I think other's suggestion (to follow?) would be more specific to the alpine program and not to how is is set up to interact with the O/S.

Your,

Fennix