Re: Upcoming IRC Class tomorrow! (2009-11-17)

Tim:
>> This is confusing.  Are you saying that time is a UTC time?

Kevin Fenzi:
> Yes. All Classroom times are in UTC.

Okay.  I would have written "UTC" next to the time and date, just to
make it quickly obvious...  As the website does (I didn't think to check
that, until after posting, as is the usual mistake we make).

> Use 'date -u' to see your current time in UTC.

There's another command incantation, that I always forget, to do the
reverse, and gives a result easier for us humans to understand:  Enter
the advertised UTC time & date for something, to find out the local time
it will occur.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686