Re: minor problems with Audio CD fix from Bug 514213

I am pinging this message out again as I haven't heard anything. I want to have more info about a DVD that clobbers a drive in F11 and need help in getting the necessary info to submit a bug.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Paul Allen Newell wrote:
I just upgrade to 2.6.30.9-96.fc11.i686.PAE and everything else yum gave me today and confirmed that most of my issues have been fixed (a big thanks to Harald et al for getting this done !!!)

I just logged two more bugs related to a couple things that didn't happen with it.

Bug #537740: if one is using a CD-ROM instead of DVD drive, the icon/drive/mount doesn't get killed but it still doesn't see that there is media loaded

Bug #537741: the system still doesn't see that it has a floppy drive and loading a floppy does nothing (this works in f9)

I have one more bug to log, but need a bit of help to submit it.

I have a DVD that I can play in my DVD player. If I put it in my f11 system, it not only kills the icon (and I suspect unmounts the drive and all sorts of other stuff), it actually totally kills the drive and I cannot eject the disk. The only way to get it out is a reboot and to push the button once the reboot has started after the current session has died.

I have tried every other DVD I can find and don't get this behavior. I think I need to supply info about "what the heck this DVD is", but would like some advice about what/how to query to give enough info to make a bug submission meaningful. I've got Linux f11 and f9 plus Windows XP to do querying.

Thanks in advance,
Paul