F11: Screensaver - causes system to hang, daily

After all of this time testing out F11, I had
originally thought there was something wrong
with FireFox/Thunderbird, or simply xorg. It
was causing my system to completely hang
and a hard reboot was required.  There is
no system logs ever reported, just a gap of
dead-time when the system hung to when it
was booted.

I seemed to have finally narrowed it down and
have not experienced daily complete systems
hangs after disabling the Gnome ScreenSaver.

I tried GSS with a blank screen and everything
else I could think of and it does not prevent
the hanging problem.  But if I completely disable
the GSS, i.e. uncheck both:

(1) "Activate screensaver when computer is idle"
(2) "Lock screen when screensaver is active"

My system has been running F11 for a week now,
and it has not hung at all.  Unfortunately, my
computer is without security, short of logging out.

My system is a ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 if that helps.

FWIW,
Dan