Re: Extra mouse buttons

2009/11/12 Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 11/12/2009 04:51 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
>>
>> In my F11 install it works without any tweaks. I use XFCE. Before F11
>> I had to do some customizations in xorg.conf. Try this url,
>>
>>  http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R6.9.0/doc/html/mouse5.html
>>
>> But i think this is an outdated way to make this work, it should "just
>> work".
>> PS: I use a Logitech G5
>>

> The basic buttons work perfectly for me, it's the extra buttons that I want
> to use. E.g. tilting the wheel left/right.
> Where do you set actions for those?

The tilting works for me but only on Firefox. I remember doing
something for those too in xorg.conf for earlier editions of Fedora. I
think its the ZaxisMapping option discussed in the link I provided in
my previous post and another option called ButtonMapping that I had
used. The Gentoo wiki used to have extensive info on all this before
their database corruption. If you can find any archives for that, you
might be able to find them again.

GL
--
Suvayu