Re: Saving Flash

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marcel Rieux wrote:
>>
>> I believe this documentary will be available for only one week after
>> airing. Is there any convenient way to save it?
>>

> First of all....you probably would get a more welcome response if you
> dispense with non-technical "information".

The URL is technical information. As I already explained, this video
is not as easily saved as a muppet show video on YouTube.

I was careful to choose a title that made it clear that the post
included both on topic and off topic matter. IMO, the off topic matter
doesn't need much commenting. The documentary makes things very clear.
If it hadn't been for nitpickers, it would have been a very short
thread. But, given a chance, some people will do all they can to add
trash.

> Second, the links you cite cannot be streamed out of Canada.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this. So the CBC does like the BBC. Really silly!

> And, it doesn't really matter since the only question you are asking is.....
>
> Can a flash video stream be saved for later viewing?
>
> Try asking that question without the additional baggage.  Or search the
> archives as this has been asked and answered more than once.

If this video can be saved, you need to do more than save a file in /tmp.

To other posters:

I received only 3 replies on my google account for this thread since
last night: two from ED, one from Hiisi. But I believe I had
everything pretty well covered here :) except this which I'd like to
add for Patrick O'Callaghan who wrote:

> A large percentage of the readers of this list are not US citizens or
> taxpayers and don't live in the USA (yes, there are all these other
> countries out there and most of them even have Internet and Linux
> users).

If you think that the US -- the FED and the Treasury Department -- can
dump $12.8 non-bond-backed trillions in the local economy and lower
interest rates to next to nothing without the whole world suffering
from this nonsense, I won't attempt to teach you global economy.

I'm still looking for a way to save the CBC video... for my personal archives.