Re: Initializing hardware

If I can figure out why version 11 hangs on initializing hardware I can install that version. If I can figure out what version 12 halts after the bootloader I can install that version. I am really interested in getting Fedora installed.

I had identical problem and found that the installation app on the cd was seeking the floppy drive via the motherboard bios. It stalled for about 15 minutes then reported that it could not locate a fd0 drive. The drive was faulty or disconnected.

I went into bios - (F12) on my system - on boot up before the bios seeks the cdrom and set it on 'No Floppy Drive' and set the seek which looks for drives to ignore the floppy drive.
The installation went ahead no problems.

Roger