Re: Hotswapping SATA question

Konstantin Svist wrote:
> How does one go about hotplugging/hotswapping SATA drives in Fedora?
> I just got a new NAS box with hotswapping capabilities (HP EX470) and
> would like to know how it works, usually.

This may not apply to your situation.  But, in my case it depends on the
HW being used.  My system has 3ware Inc 9550SX controllers and the
rebuilds are handled in the controller after hot swapping.  No manual
intervention is needed.  The progress of the operation can be monitored
on the Web Interface supplied by 3ware.  Additionally, one can do admin
functions from the Web Interface.

I guess the question is....are you interested in HW based RAID and
hot-swapping or are you planning on SW based?

Seems this HP server comes preloaded with Windows Home Server.  Don't
have a clue how it plays with Linux should you load it on it....