Fedora 11 x86_64, ATI HD4870, and RPM Fusion's Catalyst Drivers...

Up until this past weekend, I stayed on Fedora 10 because the closed fglrx drivers were stable and functioning, and I didn't want to go through the headache I've been going through since Saturday. I've been keeping a fairly close eye on the list, and noticed that the name of the driver changed from fglrx to Catalyst on RPM Fusion, and people seem to be using it without difficulties. So, late Saturday night, I did a clean install of Fedora 11, and got the Catalyst driver from RPM Fusion, and ran into a brick wall.

Every time I try to boot with the Catalyst driver installed, all I get after the animated bars based boot screens is a blank screen. I can't switch to another tty or do anything other than reset via the hardware reset button. I can ssh into the machine, but issuing a reboot command doesn't reboot (I suspect that the system gets stuck trying to force kill X), and init 3 doesn't change the video status (possibly for the same reason). I've since removed the Catalyst driver, just to get some work done, and I will post an Xorg.log when I'm feeling masochistic enough to try again. I'm using an Asus edition ATI Radeon HD 4870 with 512 MB RAM, so I do believe that it should be supported by the Catalyst driver.

In the mean time, does anyone have a clue what might be going on?

Thanks,
Raymond