Re: should I go for 64bit version of Fedora 11 ?

On 11/04/2009 03:59 PM, Jatin K wrote:
On 11/04/2009 04:24 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
I’d also advise the Original Poster to consider whether he might ever
upgrade this laptop.
Not in near future .... as I got it just before 4 days

There is no problem only a personal decision.
When I asked the same question a year ago the reply was:
"If you don't absolutely _need_ 64 bit software then use 32 bit."
64 bit caused me grief.
I went 32 bit and have had no problems what so ever.
No problems obtaining applications, no issues at all.

64 bit will become the norm when it's needed by highly advanced apps.
For most consumer apps, its likely not needed as has been addressed in the memory discussion.

Were I in your position I would opt for 32 bit install the software and just 'use' the computer. In truth you probably will install 64 bit and all the discussion is merely opinions.

Its not set in stone, if your'e not happy reinstall something else, its only an hour.
Hope this helps
Roger