Re: New printer, need newer gutenprint for F10.

On Monday 02 November 2009, Tim Waugh wrote:
>On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 21:41 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I just had to replace my aging Epson C82, and bought an NX515.  In
>> cups/gutenprint, the newest driver is for the NX400 series printers.  It
>> works, at resolutions up to 720x720.
>>
>> Whats chances we can get the newest gutenprint built  for F10?
>
>Fedora 10 already has the most recent stable release of gutenprint in
>updates: 5.2.4.
>
>Tim.
>*/

So I found this morning when I pulled in the tarball.   Given fedora's
previously glacial acceptance of gutenprint, I expected the shipped version
to be well out of date, and was surprised to see it was current, and that it
is gutenprint itself that is lagging.  My apologies for the noise.

Time to rejoin the developers list I guess.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

"There is such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
- David St. Hubbins, "Spinal Tap"