Re: Impossible to access boot menu

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Mikkel <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marcel Rieux wrote:
>>
>> Oh, oh! I had a USB keyboard when I installed but I now have a
>> keyboard with a round plug. So, I tried to enable legacy support as
>> Mikkel suggested, but I can't access the BIOS.
>>
> You do not need legacy support for the PS2 keyboard. (The round
> plug.) Legacy support makes a USB keyboard look like a PS2 keyboard
> to the system. The fact that you had a USB keyboard when you
> installed should not make a difference.

Wikipedia seems to think it's the other way around:

Legacy support

The term legacy support is often used with reference to obsolete or
legacy computer hardware, whether peripherals or core components.
Operating systems with "legacy support" can detect and use legacy
hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_system#Legacy_support

Anyways, I have to get a new keyboard.