Re: How to list this data -

Hi Bob,

On Saturday 31 October 2009 05:13 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
On 31/10/09 19:11, Suvayu Ali wrote:
On Saturday 31 October 2009 11:41 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

My objective being to keep a record of daily bandwidth usage. [35% or
6.0 gB is my current usage, 17.0 the 30 day download allotment, the
other numbers for upload usage.]

I know this is not the answer to your question but since you mention
you want to monitor your bandwidth usage, you could try vnstat[1]. Its
a very nifty light weight utility which keeps track of your network
traffic by running cron jobs at small intervals of time[2] and
presents all the information in neat graphs on the console.

Yes that looks interesting, new to me ...

If it correlates with the Wildblue data, even approximately, it would
work for me. But then I have other computers in the house on this
system. Might be able to take data before the router with an eth. hub
perhaps?

I am not sure whether vnstat can monitor something outside the box like a hub or a router. But if at your house all the traffic goes through one of the machines, then you can specify the interface to monitor with the option `--iface _interface_'.

Good luck figuring this out :)

Thanks.

Bob
--