Re: FC11 missing dependencies on a new install

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:13:41 -0400, Robert wrote:

I have just completed a new install on my ASUS ee 701 and now am trying to do a yum update. I am hitting some missing dependencies. I will TRY and get them all here, reading from one screen and typing here...

python-nose by numpy
kasumi by ibus-anthy
python-enchant by ibus-pinyin
jline by rhino

yum suggests I use 0--skip-broken 'to work around the problem'

Recommendations please?

Unusual with a fresh install.
Let me recommend a few things:

1) Cut'n'paste or attach the full Yum output. Don't truncate it.

Easier said than done. I will have to set up to log in with SSH to get any output to cut n paste here.

So first I am doing updates in pieces, to get the list down to a manageable shot.

2) Show output of "yum repolist".

3) The most recent list of unresolved dependencies in Fedora 11
with updates and updates-testing is this:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2009-October/msg00782.html

Sometimes packagers create additional missing dependencies (not covered by
the report linked above) when they create a dependency between packages in
the "updates" repo and related updates still sitting in the "updates-testing"
repo.

The dependency problems you refer to have not appeared in any reports
recently (not either when disabling the updates-testing repo).

4) For each package you get missing dependencies, post the following
details:

  rpm --query PACKAGENAME        (e.g. rpm --query numpy)
  yum list PACKAGENAME
plus:
  yum list NAME_OF_MISSING_PACKAGE    (e.g. yum list python-nose)

5) If you can "yum install yum-utils", look for the tools included in
it, such as "package-cleanup". Try "package-cleanup --dupes" (and
if it finds duplicate packages "package-cleanup --cleandupes) and
"package-cleanup --problems".